Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's all in a name...

Whew! I'm glad that part is over.
What part you ask? Well the part of naming my new blog of course!

With me being a middle child and having the astrological sign of a Taurus, perfectionism, as well as being competitive, run through my blood. So many names for this blog ran through my head....The Storck Nest, My Bird Nest, Hole 6, Mama Bird, Confessions of a wife who lost her husband to The Discovery Channel and so on and so forth. So you can see why I'm tired right?

Although I have been married almost a year, I have NOT adjusted to my new last name yet. My maiden name was English and I must have taken that for granted in another life, because I meet, fell in love with, and married a (drum roll please) Storck. Sounds pretty easy right? But because of that one little letter, the third little letter in the alphabet, I will forever be spelling my new last name.

I spell it 10,ooo times a day when I give my e-mail address over the phone, when I call the Doctor's office, when I call the bank, when I order pizza from Dominoes, when I call Verizon, and when I ... well you get the picture. And don't even get me started when I call to order Chinese food from Mr. Liu's. It's a nightmare trying to give Mr. Liu the correct spelling of my last name. I just give up and tell him "Sue".

So, imagine my surprise when I go to pick a blog name and 'The Storck Nest' is taken. Taken?! What!? I retyped it as quickly as I could, thinking to myself, the blogger name appover guy surely must have misread my last name and thought I spelled it with out the precious "C". I wanted him to grant the approval of such a clever play on my new last name. And I wanted it NOW!
But there it was...again..."blog name already exists". This is ludicrous I thought! Who are the other Storck people, (with a "C"), and why, WHY, did they take my blog name? I did what any other new blogger would do. I immediately went to the other Storck's blog page. I took one look at their blog and I had to immediately look away. They, the other Storck's, have only posted 6 blogs within the last 2 years. They took my beloved blog name and now they don't use it?

What's a girl to do? Report them to the blog police? Throw a middle child temper tantrum? Cry?

Oh no, I will not do any of these things. Nor will I get mad. I hardly ever get mad, but I always GET EVEN! (Did I mention I was the middle child)

So it is ON other Storck Nest blog....oh it is on.


p.s. Do NOT, I repeat, Do NOT go to the other Storck blog and give those undeserving bloggers your traffic!

1 comment:

Emily said...

COME ON OVER TO THE BLOGGER! What is this I hear, not only will you not let me win the family gift wrapping contest BUT NOW you take over my funny blog contest...I CAN NOT WAIT...BRING IT you middle child!
In all seriousness SO excited you blog now...like make me forget I've had morning sickness for 13 straight weeks...EXCITED!!! and you know this means we now DEF. have to teach mom how to leave a comment!