Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Witch Crafty Wednesday

One of my favorite blogs that I stalk, I mean, read, has Fashion Friday every Friday.

I thought that I would start doing the same. Only it will be called Witch Crafty Wednesday.

And it will last all of one day.

I was cleaning out my hall closet and I found an old canvas frame. I literally bought it a few weeks ago from the Target $1 section. Only I paid $2.50 for it. Sneaky Target. Of course I never hung it because for 1.) it's hideous and for 2.) everyone shops in the Target dollar section and everyone would know I paid too much for the thing.


So the wheels started turning.

I had some extra padding and fabric laying around.

I had a cheap canvas frame.

I had too much time on my hands.

First I gathered all of my materials.

(Told you it was hideous)

Next, I called Greggie Poo into the kitchen and made him do the rest.

First he stapled the padding all around the frame. Pulling the padding tight, each time he stapled. Then, he took the fabric piece and did the same exact thing that he did with the padding. And then...Voila ~ masterpiece! A fabricy note boardy thingy.


(and No, Mom. I do NOT practice witch craft. With it being close to Halloween and Emily's joke and, well, NEVERMIND! But the answer is NO!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay-- so now that I have had time to catch up on the sisters blog-- I thought I'll just check out this big mama's blog that amy has up--- thanks sis. Now, I have three blogs that I stalk, I mean read.... and to top it all off Kevin will be just super happy to know that thanks to big mama and her latest fashion friday blog I think I have found my new wedding dress--perfect for a beach affair and certainly in off white. She is so right... off white, so much better of a photo opt.

Thanks sis---
love you

big sis

Emily said...

Everyone knows you ARE the queen witch...stop trying to deny it! (for those of you that want to know how many childre you are going to have and what their sexes will be, just let Amy know and she can bring "her witch craft materials"!)

ps LOVE the "note boardy thingy" I'm sure that is one of Martha's official terms!!!

Anonymous said...

You have a blog!:) Looks like "Martha" is still at it. I've decided that you need to bring Greg to Knoxville? Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg? He and Richie can hit up the golfing and we could outlet shop. Just an idea.
It's Emily Krieger by the way. :)

Anonymous said...

love the craft project and the fact that you just put Greg's cell phone number on cyberspace!

Amy Jo said...

Cam~
you may have to sing it but...8.6.7.-5.3.0.9~ i would love it if that was greg's cell phone #...i would sing that to him all day long. we may have to call verizon today...i'll keep you posted!