Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where black pictures frames go to die

My creativity juices have been flowing lately!
Anyone who says I do not suffer from SAD (Seasonal affective disorder) has clearly misdiagnosed me.
The sun comes out, temperatures go up and BAM, I want to paint the world.

I have been doing several different projects around the house. I wanted to show you one and ask your opinion on it!
As some background information, I have A LOT of wall space in my staircase. And it is one of the first things that you see when you walk into my house.
Front door = 2 sets of stairs staring right at you.
See?!

Please excuse the laundry.

Side note: When Greg and his family were in between houses, they rented a townhome 2 doors down from the one we are currently in. (The layout is exactly the same.) When Greg was little and he walked through the door at the rental for the first time, he looked up the staircase and asked "Is that where God lives?"

If you've been to my house, you can understand. I feel like I need an oxygen tank to make it up to the 3rd floor.
So this is the before picture.

So blah!
And this is the after.
Now be honest! Too much? Not enough? Too much black?
I think it needs one more on the "bottom row", 3 up from bottom. I feel like there is a hole there.
(Can you spot my assistant?
Just like her father.
They both just sit there and watch me do all of the work.
THEY ARE BOTH FIRED! )

I still need actual pictures to put in there, but that is a whole other project!
I would eventually like to get pictures of my grandparents , Greggie's grandparents, both sets of parents, Greggie and I baby pictures, current pictures etc. All in black and white of course!
Also a little sneak peak into what else I am working on....

You'll never guess who they are for!
And the best part.... they were on sale for 75 cents!

1 comment:

April and Brad said...

Looks great, and yea I say one more in that bottom row :)